The clinical station is a 10 minute long station. Over the last two years the station has followed the format of being split into two 5 minute scenarios. One of the scenarios typically has a requirement for anatomical knowledge (as they removed the anatomy station in the 2021 and 2022 interviews).
Two assessors give you a score of 5 in each of the following domains in order. Therefore the maximum score for this station is 50
- Technical knowledge and clinical expertise
- Situational awareness (Interpreting info and projecting future states)
- Communication – information gathering
- Problem solving and decision making
- Communication and information giving
I would advise you to practice presenting radiographs to your friends as this is often the first question asked and sets the scene for rest of the station. Throughout this course we cover the most common scenarios and classification systems for each fracture.